Fraser Island Beach + BBQ Cruise
Your taste of West Coast K'gari (Fraser Island) for a 1/2 day. Kayaking, swimming, snorkelling, fishing, exploring, relaxing, enjoying and making lifetime memories.
Fraser Island Beach + BBQ Cruise – A Taste of K'Gari!
Departs Great Sandy Straits Marina, Urangan at 9.00am and returns at 2.00pm.
Join us aboard Whalesong as we cruise across to K'gari, looking for dolphins, turtles, dugongs and seabirds as you enjoy a delicious morning tea of fresh fruit and a variety of cakes. We then drop anchor to allow guests to swim, kayak, fish, walk, play & explore Fraser Island's Western Beach & / or Pelican Banks. Specific destination determined by weather & tide.
Fraser Island Beach + BBQ Cruise Includes:
- 5 hour cruise
- Free filtered drinking water, loose leaf black tea + herbal tea, coffee and milo available on board
- Morning tea: fresh fruit and a variety of cakes
- Aussie BBQ lunch: quality fillet steak, sausages, Hervey Bay king prawns, three freshly made salads, bread rolls
- Special diets, e.g. vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, dairy free etc... catered for with adequate notice
- Use of kayaks, snorkelling gear, beach activity equipment, fishing gear and bait, and rides on the inflatable
- Low passenger numbers - always under 38 passengers
- Visit a remote and quiet West Coast K'gari beach only a few lucky people get to see
- 2 hours on the beach to explore, play and/or relax in the golden silica sands
- Commentary on marine life, local geography and some Butchulla (local Aboriginal) culture
What to Bring:
- Towel, swimmers, sunscreen, insect repellent, hat, and camera.
- Feel free to bring your own fishing gear, bait or snorkelling gear.
Why choose Whalesong?:
- Entire team dedicated to providing you an experience you'll be talking about for years to come.
- Commitment to sustainable tourism - Whalesong Cruises have always (over 20 years) used reusable cups, plates and cutlery (and use recyclable or biodegradable packaging where possible) and Advanced ecotourism certification.
- Fresh, local and quality produce used in our catering.
- Fully licensed and well-stocked bar (no BYO).
- Wheelchair ramps, access and toilet.
- Our extra wide decks provide excellent viewing and seating for our guests.
Access ashore is via our tender, guests need to be physically fit and have a degree of coordination to access the tender (rigid inflatable boat) and going ashore. No wheelchair access to the beach.
Group rates available from 10 – 38 people, groups can cruise any day of the week. Please call us to check availability.