Fraser Island Beach + BBQ Cruise
Your taste of West Coast K'gari (Fraser Island) for a 1/2 day. Kayaking, swimming, snorkelling, fishing, exploring, relaxing, enjoying and making lifetime memories.
"Cannot speak more highly of this adventure very reasonable value for money and a fabulous day spent on the largest sand island in the world, not sure it can get better than that." Pam Bishop, Broadbeach, QLD - January 2019
Join us aboard Whalesong as we cruise across to K'gari, looking for dolphins, turtles, dugongs and seabirds as you enjoy a delicious morning tea of fresh fruit and a variety of cakes. We then drop anchor to allow guests to swim, kayak, fish, walk, play, take tube rides and explore a remote West Coast Fraser Island Beach and/or Pelican Bank (specific destination determined by weather and tide).
Fraser Island Beach + BBQ Cruise Includes:
- Departs at 9am to 2pm (5 hour cruise)
- Free filtered drinking water, loose leaf black tea + herbal tea, coffee and milo available on board
- Morning tea: fresh fruit and a variety of cakes
- Aussie BBQ lunch: quality fillet steak, sausages, Hervey Bay king prawns, three freshly made salads, bread rolls
- Special diets, e.g. vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, dairy free etc... catered for with adequate notice
- Use of kayaks, snorkelling gear, beach activity equipment, fishing gear and bait, and rides on the inflatable
- Low passenger numbers - always under 40 passengers
- Visit a remote and quiet West Coast K'gari beach only a few lucky people get to see
- 2 hours on the beach to explore, play and/or relax in the golden silica sands
- Commentary on marine life, local geography and some Butchulla (local Aboriginal) culture
What to Bring:
- Towel, swimmers, sunscreen, insect repellent, hat, and camera.
- Feel free to bring your own fishing gear, bait or snorkelling gear.
Why choose Whalesong?:
- Entire team dedicated to providing you an experience you'll be talking about for years to come.
- Commitment to sustainable tourism - Whalesong Cruises have always (over 20 years) used reusable cups, plates and cutlery (and use recyclable or biodegradable packaging where possible) and Advanced ecotourism certification.
- Fresh, local and quality produce used in our catering.
- Fully licensed and well-stocked bar (no BYO).
- Free WiFi.
- Wheelchair ramps, access and toilet.
- Our extra wide decks provide excellent viewing and seating for our guests.
Access ashore is via our tender, guests need to be physically fit and have a degree of coordination to access the tender (rigid inflatable boat) and going ashore. No wheelchair access to the beach.
Group rates available from 10+ people and can cruise any day of the week. Please call us to check availability.