Fraser Island Beach + BBQ Cruise
Your taste of West Coast K'gari (Fraser Island) for a 1/2 day.
Fraser Island Beach + BBQ Cruise – A Taste of K'Gari!
Departs Great Sandy Straits Marina, Urangan at 9.00am and returns at 2.00pm.
Join us aboard Whalesong as we cruise across to K'gari, looking for dolphins & turtles as you enjoy a delicious morning tea of fresh fruit and a variety of cakes. We then drop anchor to allow guests to swim, kayak, fish, walk, play & explore Fraser Island's Western Beach & / or Pelican Banks. Specific destination determined by weather & tide.
Fraser Island Beach + BBQ Cruise Includes:
- 5 hour cruise
- Free filtered water, leaf + herbal tea, coffee & milo available on board
- Complimentary morning tea of fresh fruit and a variety of cakes
- Aussie BBQ Lunch (quality rib fillet steak, sausages, Hervey Bay king prawns, 3 freshly made salads, bread rolls)
- Special diets, e.g. vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, dairy free etc... catered for with adequate notice
- Use of kayaks, snorkeling gear, beach activity equipment, fishing gear and bait
- Low passenger numbers - always under 38 passengers
- Visit a remote and quiet West Coast K'gari beach only a few lucky people get to see
- 2 hours on the beach to explore, play and/or relax in the golden silica sands
- Commentary on marine life, local geography and Butchulla (local Aboriginal) culture
What to Bring:
- Towel, swimmers, sunscreen, insect repellent, hat, and camera.
- Feel free to bring your own fishing gear, bait or snorkelling gear.
Why choose Whalesong?:
- Commitment to sustainable tourism - Whalesong Cruises have always (over 20 years) used reusable cups, plates and cutlery (and use recyclable or biodegradable packaging where possible)
- Fresh, local and quality produce used in our catering.
- Fully licensed and well-stocked bar (no BYO).
- Wheelchair ramps, access and toilet.
- Our extra wide decks provide excellent viewing and seating for our guests.
Access ashore is via our tender, guests need to be physically fit and have a degree of coordination to access the tender (rigid inflatable boat) and going ashore. No wheelchair access to the beach.
Group rates available from 10 – 38 people, groups can cruise any day of the week call us to check availability.