Galangoor to our backyard....stunning Hervey Bay. Surrounded by long, white sandy beaches courtesy of the Great Sandy Straits Marine Park and with easy access to the UNESCO World Heritage listed K'gari (Fraser Island), it's no wonder Hervey Bay is a place for everyone.
Galangoor to Hervey Bay
Sitting beside World Heritage Listed K'gari (Fraser Island), there's more to Hervey Bay than meets the eye. This is one of Queensland's most popular natural holiday destinations....and here's why:
* excellent weather year-round (Summer - average high 30 deg, average low 22 deg; Winter - average high 22 deg, average low 10 deg)
* calm, safe beaches great for all ages
* 17km of waterfront path along the Esplanade, with playgrounds, exercise equipment and many great points for capturing 'instagrammable moments' - perfect for walkers, joggers and cyclists
* cool down at Wetside Water Park (between September and April) - voted as Tripadvisor's 2019 Top Amusement park/Water park in Australia...and it's free!
* hire a bicycle, stand up paddle board or jet ski
* excellent accommodation options to suit your needs and budget, from high end luxury at www.aquaaqua.com.au to caravan parks/backpackers hostels like www.woolshedbackpackers.com.au and everything in between like www.akamaresort.com.au.
* cosmopolitan environment with plenty of excellent dining opportunities including:
- The Vinyard - www.thevinyard.com.au
- Coast - www.coastherveybay.com.au
* wonderful cafes dotted in and around the scenic 'Esplanade', including:
- Cafe Balaena - www.cafebalaena.com.au
- The Front Room - www.thefrontroom.com.au
- Minimalist coffee roasters - www.minimalistcoffeeroasters.com (pictured below)
- Enzo's - www.enzosonthebeach.com.au
Photo: Minimalist Coffee Roasters dedicated to coffee excellence
But wait, there's more...
If that’s not enough we are often referred to as the Humpback Whale Watch capital of the world. We often have up to 3,000 whales stop off to rest up on their journey north back to Antarctica – and these gentle giants are increasing in number every year by up to 13% - We think this is great!
Did you know, Hervey Bay is hosting the World Whale Conference this year?
October 7th-11th 2019, we'll host delegates from all around the World. Some of the world's leading Marine conservationists, researchers, academics and cetacean lovers will speak at the conference. With an exciting program scheduled, this is certainly one event you'll want to be part of! Please click on icon below to visit the website to learn more about this wonderful conference!
When you arrive at Hervey Bay its clear to see that this vibrant town offers so much to see and do. With Whale Watching in the winter months and plenty of beaches and sun for the summer there is always something for everyone. So what are you waiting for? See for yourself and experience the uniqueness of Hervey Bay!
Also, if you're looking for something else to do in Hervey Bay, or further in your travels, check out this site to see what's available.